Report Patient Harm, Complain or Compliment

If you have observed or experienced harm from NHS medical treatment you have many ways of making sure that your experience doesn't go unrecorded. You can report a formal complaint, an informal complaint, or log your experience anonymously and quickly. Or you may wish to compliment the provider of your treatment.

To log your experience of harm or risk anonymously and quickly click here for the National Patient Safety Agency Reporting Page.

To find out about making a complaint or to get help with making a complaint or understanding what has happened contact Reading Healthwatch on 0118 937 2295 or by email at

For GP surgeries, dentists, opticians, complaints or compliments should be made to the Practice Manager at the practice - see the NHS Choices web site where you can search for local services. You can also record informal complaints or compliments on the web pages for the particular provider that you received treatment from.

For the Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, complaints, compliments and problems to be resolved should be addressed to the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) at the Hospital: see the Royal Berks PALS web pages. Complaints and compliments can also be logged with Patient Opinion whose services are retained by the Royal Berkshire Hospital on their page for the Royal Berkshire Hospital or with NHS Choices on their page for the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

For Prospect Park Hospital and the community hospital at Newbury complaints and compliments should go to 0118 960 5027 or and reviews can be posted at the NHS Choices site.

For District Nurses,surses, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists apecialist Community Nurses and Community Matrons, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists and Occupational Therapists working for Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust you can contact their PALS office or phone them at 0118 960 5027.

If these actions do not satisfy, then contact the South Reading CCG at
South Reading CCG complaints and compliments
for complaints and compliments about any NHS-funded services if you are registered with a GP or live within the South Reading CCG area.

Lastly, if still unsatisfied you can take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman.